Working with the information provided by you, BlurbCopy will produce text suitable for use as a cover blurb, back cover copy, promotional copy, dust jacket copy, front flap copy and/or product description. The completed copy belongs solely to you with no further claims or credit due to BlurbCopy.
Blurbs, Cover Copy
* Standard Fiction blurb/cover copy creation from data supplied on standard Work Order, average 125-250 words: $35
* Extended Fiction blurb/cover copy creation from data supplied on standard Work Order: $45 (best suited for series)
* Standard Non-Fiction blurb/cover copy creation from data supplied on standard Work Order: $35
* Blurb creation from reading full manuscript, average 125-250 words: $1.50 (USD) per manuscript page or partial manuscript page in standard manuscript format (double spaced, 1” margins all around, Times New Roman 12 pt. font, with a minimum fee of $40. Example: 250 page manuscript in standard format x $1.50 per page = $375.00). Contact BlurbCopy for price quote and availability.
* Tagline, log lines, tweets, or other ultra-short promo: $15 each. Example: One tagline for each of four books in a boxed set = $60 ($15 x 4). Use the Tagline Work Order
* Smashwords ultra-short description: If you are publishing via Smashwords, they will request a 400 character (not words) description. If you are contracting for standard copy, via the worksheet, the Smashwords ultra-short description can be created for an additional $15 (total $50 for blurb + ultra-short blurb).
* Smashwords ultra-short blurb alone: $35
* Smashwords ultra-short blurb with full manuscript read: additional $15
* Standard author biography from data supplied on Work Order: $35
All payments are made through PayPal. At the time the commission is accepted an invoice will be sent to you from PayPal (info@BlurbCopy.com). Payment can be made from a PayPal account, credit card, or through your bank. Work will begin once payment has been received.
Timelines for delivery will vary but is generally 7-10 business days from date of payment. Need it sooner? Rush jobs can usually be accommodated, but will incur additional fees. Rush jobs cannot be accommodated in conjunction with full reads.
- Delivery within 48 hours of date/time of payment: Standard fees + $10.00 rush fee
- Delivery within 24 hours of date/time of payment: Standard fees + $20 rush fee
A delivery date for the work will be discussed at the time the Work Order is received, prior to requirement of payment. If you have special requirements, please mention them in the “additional notes” section of the work order. Ability to accommodate rush jobs is not guaranteed.
The Work Order can be cancelled at any time prior to payment being received. Once payment is received and work begins, there will be no refunds.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
All pricing assumes delivery from Client of sufficient information to produce a blurb (a.k.a. “back cover copy”, “promotional copy”, “dust jacket copy”, “front flap copy”, to be called a “blurb” for the purposes of these terms and conditions), or author bio, or other product agreed upon by Client and BlurbCopy. Any additional information needed will be discussed prior to work being completed.
Clients who submit work to BlurbCopy signify that they are the author of the submitted work, hold the rights to the work, or are authorized by the creator of the work to commission creation of blurb copy for the work. Clients agree that once a payment for services is made by the Client and accepted by BlurbCopy, a contract has been agreed upon and there is no refund for services. All sales are non-refundable and final.
BlurbCopy will deliver a clean copy for review, but Client holds ultimate responsibility to proof the work. One round of revision is permitted in above costs. Additional revisions may incur additional charges depending on extent required. Copy will be delivered in a Word document (.doc format) or as an inline message, in an email, whichever the Client prefers.
BlurbCopy does NOT retain client information/files once the transaction has been completed. All files will be the property of the Client and as such, must be backed-up/saved on the client’s servers.
Client will own the blurb, author bio, or other completed product , but BlurbCopy.com requests a listing on the copyright page as creator of the copy when the product is used as part of a book, whether in print or electronic book (e-book), along the lines of Cover Copy created by http://www.BlurbCopy.com. BlurbCopy.com retains the right to include the image of your cover and/or the completed product, in whole or in part, as part of our portfolio to be showcased on our website or used for BlurbCopy’s promotional purposes or used as examples in other non-fiction works by BlurbCopy owner, without any remuneration to the author. Payment for services assumes agreement with this practice.
BlurbCopy services are not a guarantee for publication or an offer of representation and makes no guarantee that copy created will ensure improved sales, cause work to be accepted by an agent or publisher, or that a manuscript will be published.
BlurbCopy makes no promises–implicit or implied–beyond what is spelled out in this Web site, which serves as our contract.
Clicking on “I have read the Terms & Conditions” on the Work Order acknowledges the Client has read and accepts these Terms & Conditions and serves the purpose of a signature on a contract.